4-D Wheel Trainings and Retreats
TRAINING: Dr. Milspaw is offering a training for clinicians on the 4-D Wheel Approach. Begin the process of becoming a 4-D Wheel Practitioner by attending this first training! Licensed psychologists, social workers, and counselors can receive 6 CEUs for the training. 4-D Wheel Training Flyer
RETREAT: Sneak-Peak Video on our Home Page
Dr. Milspaw is running an overnight retreat at the Hawk Mountain Bed and Breakfast in Kempton, PA based around the 4-D Wheel Approach towards healing. This retreat will pay special attention to healing medical trauma and chronic pain.
Participants will be introduced to the 4-D Wheel Experience, originally created by Dr. Gina Ogden (4-Dnetwork.com). Dr. Milspaw will provide an educational review of how stress, trauma, and pain affect the mind-body experience and the most recent research demonstrating the power of the mind to heal the body. Utilizing the 4-D Wheel approach, participants will explore all aspects of their story, go deeper into their healing process, and experience a profound meditative journey. The 4-D Wheel Healing Retreat will provide specific techniques that participants can take home with them and continue to utilize on a daily basis.
Enjoy a tranquil, natural environment to breathe, release, relax, and rejuvenate! Amenities include a pool, hot tub, babbling brook, outdoor patio, hammock under the trees, and delicious food!
$550/person + $200 for overnight stay (only 8 rooms available!).
How to save money:
- Share a room! Save $100/person
- Have Highmark or Capital Blue Cross insurance? Save $200!
Visit our Facebook Page for a video sneak-peak of what to expect at the retreat!
For more information about the 4-D Wheel and 4-D Network, please visit http://www.4-dnetwork.com.
Group & Individual Supervision for LPC/LCSW licensure
Certification Course in Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Mindfulness, and Hypnosis
Advanced Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) Certification Course
WHAT/COST: 26 weeks at $30/week.
WHEN: Starting Thursday March 29 (weekly course) at 7-9:30pm
LOCATION: 701 W Union Blvd. Suite 2, Bethlehem, PA 18018
Register by contacting Charlie Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Begins Thursday March 22, 2018. 7-9:30pm.
Fine tune your clinical skills, learning Ericksonian-hypnotherapy, advanced ego-state negotiation, and neuro-linguistic-programming (NLP) concepts, that integrate the warring fragments of your client’s divided self, while safely reducing symptoms of such problems as PTSD and dissociative conditions caused by a family history of physical/emotional/sexual/substance abuse.
This 20 weeks of classroom theory and supervised practice teaches the psychology and biology of mind/body healing, along with a different evidence-based mind/body technique every week to soothe the psychological landscape while using carefully chosen language to modulate the limbic/hypothalamic/pituitary system for greater health of the endocrine, immune, and other body systems, helping to reduce symptoms of the growing list of medical conditions like chronic pain found to be influenced by the mind/body connection.
To make payment and attendance easier, there is no upfront commitment, the class is pay-as-you-go, $30 per class for 20 weeks, and can be attended via your choice of physical classroom, and/or live-streamed Internet, and/or audio/video class recordings, with graduates receiving 52.5 CE hours and a certificate in NLP from www.NFNLP.com.
Monthly Support Groups
Groups can be run depending on the demand. Here are the groups we have running currently:
- Writing Your Way Towards Healing – Every 2nd and 4th Monday, 7-8pm. Expressing yourself through writing can be more transformative than you can imagine. It’s also a great way to regain control over your life and to create the story you want to be able to tell. Begin telling your story through a variety of writing and journaling exercises. Dr. Milspaw’s dream is to begin collecting narratives, poems, and monologues to be presented at a community monologues performance in the Fall 2018. Join us anytime throughout the year to start writing (and maybe sharing) your story!
- Mindfulness-Based Self-Care – Every 1st and 3rd Wednesday, 7-8:30pm. Learn and experience the benefits of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction techniques in a fun, relaxing and supportive atmosphere. This group will provide experiential exercises that are easy to apply to your daily life.
- Chronic Pelvic and Sexual Pain/Dysfunction Support Group – Starts Tuesday April 17th at 6pm. Every other week held in the office and via Zoom. Share tips and tricks for managing symptoms related to pelvic and sexual pain disorders including: Painful Bladder Syndrome, Irritable Bowel Disorder, Vulvodynia, Erectile pain, vaginal pain, Pelvic Floor Dysfunction (muscle spasms in the pelvic floor), hip pain, etc. Email email@example.com if you are interested in joining.
Stay tuned for more information and updates!
Join us for our monthly movie night where we will enjoy watching a film together and share a discussion afterwards. Free beverages and popcorn! Attendance is free and we will pass around a basket for donations towards supplies. Check out our facebook page for information on the next showing!
Yoga for Trauma Release & Y12SR
Yoga is an incredibly healing practice for most, and can be especially healing for those coping with post-traumatic stress disorder and addiction. Two separate classes will be held monthly: Yoga for Trauma Release and Y12SR (Yoga for 12-step recovery).
Yoga for Trauma Release is a gentle yoga for all levels working towards opening the heart chakra and releasing pent up energy that can hold us back from our true potential. In a safe, compassionate environment, the instructor will guide you through gentle poses and pranayama (breathing exercises) to help relax the body, quiet the mind, and free the heart.
Yoga for 12-Step Recovery is similar to the yoga for trauma release, and is followed by a 12-step meeting for those recovering from addiction.
Visit our Facebook page for updates on the next scheduled classes.