Using Mindfulness to Thrive During Difficult Times – Audio Presentation for the Pudendal Neuralgia Association (www.pudendalassociation.org)
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
These guided meditations combine the evidence-based research on Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction with Neuro-Linguistic Programming and Hypnosis techniques to bring you a variety of meditations that help guide your mind and body into a relaxed, peaceful state. This CD is a great gift for anyone looking to reduce stress or manage chronic pain. Available on iTunes, Amazon.com and CDBaby.com.
Also – check out Dr. Milspaw’s NEW audio CD “Guided Meditations for 4-D Healing”. This audio CD walks you through the 4-D Wheel, utilizing Neurolinguistic Programming, metaphors and symbolism to create fast, long-lasting change.
Helpful Resources for Love, Connection, and a Sexual Wellbeing
- “Spirit-Centered Relationships” by Gay and Kathleen Hendricks – a mindfulness-based approach to being present with yourself and your partner. Learning to listen to each other without needing to defend, rebut, and/or fix.
- All books by Gina Ogden, PhD, including the ones below
- “Hold Me Tight” by Sue Johnson – explores the science behind attachment theory and helps us understand why we sometimes push away those that are closest to us.
Nutrition and Health Coaching with Dr. Laura Ricci, DPT
Helpful Resources for Chronic Pelvic, Genital, and Sexual Pain
Informational Websites & Organizations:
- http://www.paindownthere.com – Educational DVD for pelvic & sexual pain
- http://www.aasect.org – American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists
- http://www.joyofmakinglove.com – Great resource for books, articles, and research on sexual health and wellness
- http://www.pelvicpain.org – International Pelvic Pain Society
- http://www.ichelp.org – Interstitial Cystitis Association
- http://www.pudendalhope.org – Pudendal Neuralgia information and resources
- http://www.nva.org – National Vulvodynia Association
- http://www.noigroup.com.au – Neuro-Orthopeadic Institute of Australia – one of the world’s leaders in understanding the neurobiology of pain and trauma. Check out their book “Explain Pain” and “Painful Yarns”.
- International Pelvic Pain Society: http://www.pelvicpain.org/
- OBGYN.net’s Pelvic Pain page: http://www.obgyn.net/pelvic-pain/
- Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder
- P.U.R.E. H.O.P.E. — Pelvic & Urological Resources and Education: http://www.pure-hope.org/
General Pain Sites
- Neuro-Orthopedic Institute of Australia
- Pain Clinician.com
- Understanding Chronic Pain in 5 Minutes: Click here
- American Pain Foundation: http://www.painfoundation.org/
- American Pain Society: http://www.ampainsoc.org/
- The Wasser Pain Management Centre at Mount Sinai Hospital (Toronto):http://www.mtsinai.on.ca/wasser/
- Neuropathic Pain pdf file
- Interstitial Cystitis Network: http://www.ic-network.com/
- Interstitial Cystitis Association: http://www.ichelp.org/ – best educational site for average IC sufferer
- International Painful Bladder Association: http://www.painful-bladder.org/
- The Woman’s Sexual Health Foundation: http://www.twshf.org/
- The Sexual Health Network: http://www.sexualhealth.com/
- Information on Female Sexual Dysfunction: http://www.fsdinfo.org/
- AASECT – American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists:http://www.aasect.org/
- National Institute of Health – National Library of Medicine:www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/femalesexualdysfunction.html
- Institute for Sexual Medicine – Boston University School of Medicine:www.bumc.bu.edu/sexualmedicine
- Feminist.com: Health & Sexuality links
- Vulvodynia.com – http://www.vulvodynia.com/
- National Vulvodynia Association: http://www.nva.org/
- National Women’s Health Resource Center: Vulvodynia article
- Cure Together Open Source Health Resource: Vulvodynia membership page
- Our GYN – For women and their mates, helping each better comprehend gynecological issues: http://www.ourgyn.com/
The Pelvic Messenger is an international Blogtalk Radio Show providing live and recorded interviews with experts in the field of chronic pelvic and sexual pain. The Pelvic Messenger is managed by Dr. Alexandra Milspaw and Amy Stein, DPT from Beyond Basics Physical Therapy in New York City. Visit the Pelvic Messenger website to learn about the most up-to-date research on chronic pelvic pain treatments.
Healing the Pain Down There: A Guide for Females with Persistent Genital and Sexual Pain